Welcome to my blog. I hope that you will be encouraged by what you read. I post on faith from a Christian point of view, disability mainly focussing on life with low vision and I share posts on various lifestyle topics. I also post book reviews.
- Braille Still Plays an Important Role in the Lives of People who are Blind or Have Low VisionBraille is a code invented by Louis Braille. It is made up of two columns andthree rows, combinations of raised dots are used to represent letters, numbers and symbols. In contracted braille a single letter with a space is used to represent an entire word. January is National Braille Literacy Month. According to Braille Works … Continue reading Braille Still Plays an Important Role in the Lives of People who are Blind or Have Low Vision
- Reflections: Peace in Wildest StormsThe world today is in chaos. When we look at the news there is not much positivity to be found. We see crime rising. It seems unsafe to take a relaxing walk outdoors because you don’t know if you will return home. When we look at the economy we see the rise of inflation. Did … Continue reading Reflections: Peace in Wildest Storms
- Reflections: Some Encouraging WordsSometimes when you are on this walk of Christian faith it can be easy to become discouraged. Yes getting saved is easy but walking through life as a Christian can be a lonely road. Here are some encouraging quotes to encourage you in all aspects of faith. The love of God When you are a … Continue reading Reflections: Some Encouraging Words
- Updates, Goals and Word of the YearHello everyone, I hope you all are having a great start to 2023. I hope that last year went well for you as well. Now that this year has begun I would like to share some personal updates and goals as well as my word for this year. Updates Greek lessons My journey to learn … Continue reading Updates, Goals and Word of the Year
- Spotlight: Eyes-Free Fitness – an Accessible Exercise ProgramMany people start the new year with resolutions. One popular resolution is to get healthy and start exercising more often. Now it is easier than ever to exercise from anywhere with the increase in at home exercise programs you can find in apps and on videos on YouTube. These programs however, are not always fully … Continue reading Spotlight: Eyes-Free Fitness – an Accessible Exercise Program