March is Women’s History month. I recently read a Bible plan geared to women and it was very encouraging to me so I want to pass it along. The plan is called Becoming a Well-Watered Woman in a Parched World. This devotional showed me what it means to truly be rooted in Jesus Christ. Here are some important points that you will find in this plan.
- The only way to make it through this uncertain and stressful life is to be rooted in Jesus Christ. When we are rooted in Christ we can make it through the storms of life.
- Your identity must be found in who God says you are. Do not let the world with Hollywood and other aspects of society shape you. God made you the way you are and what God has made should not be questioned.
- The truth is that only God can fill the hole in our soul. This life and all it may offer will never be enough to truly fill or complete a person.
- In order to be rooted in Christ you need to spend time taking in the nourishment of his Word. Spending time with God in his Word each morning is necessary to be rooted down deep in Jesus Christ. Yes you are saved in an instant it is a gift of God but growing closer to God takes time.
- You may reach a point where walking with God becomes almost like another chore. Do not be discouraged, instead seek to include God in all aspects of life. Spending time with God should not be another chore but try to keep God in your thoughts during your entire day.
- Remember that you are still growing as a flower grows. There is still much to learn but you need the proper nourishment and care to keep growing so take your walk with God one day at a time.
- Walking with God is not a 1 mile sprint. This is a lifelong journey. Salvation happens in an instant but your growth takes a lifelong journey.
This message of course applies to women and men and I hope this will encourage you. It is a 7 day plan and I encourage you to read it. Let me know what you thought of it below.
*The image of the green ferns border is by Jordan Samchez via Unsplash