My theme for this year’s A to Z Challenge is faith and encouragement from a Christian point of view. I hope these posts are an encouragement to you. I am addressing these posts to myself as well.
Wisdom is something that we all should seek after. We would save ourselves a lot of headaches if we follow this advice. We must be careful to seek after the correct wisdom. The correct wisdom will not come from this world. The correct wisdom comes from the word of God.
I have a series on this blog where I share lessons I have learned from each chapter of Proverbs. You can find the posts here.
Today I want to share ten things I have learned from the book of proverbs.
1. We must obey God before it is too late. There will come a point when disobedience goes so far that it will lead to destruction and help will not come. We must not rely on our own understanding, we must trust in the Lord instead. (Proverbs 1 and 3)
2. We must be cautious with what we put in front of our eyes and what we listen to. What we consume will impact our heart. (Proverbs 4)
3. We must be willing to be corrected. It is wise to receive instruction. (Proverbs 9)
4. We must not treat those we like better than others. We must practice justice in all situations. (Proverbs 11)
5. Do not believe everything people tell you. Be wise and do your own research. (Proverbs 14)
6. Your words matter. You can build up and destroy. (Proverbs 18)
7. Money obtained easily will not last. Hard work is rewarded. (Proverbs 20)
8. Stay far away from alcohol or really all drugs. Read a serious warning. (Proverbs 23)
9. Love and do good to your enemies. This will make them squirm. (Proverbs 25)
10. Beware of those who come to you with flattery, it is usually a trap. (Proverbs 29)
Some extra thoughts
I encourage you to read each chapter of the book of Proverbs. You will gain a lot of good advice. There are so many life lessons to learn in this book.